Meet PacerMan – the first high-fidelity simulator for immersive transvenous pacing from insertion to capture using your own equipment.
Simulab’s patented, SimuSensor™ technology powers PacerMan, a new high-fidelity simulator with ultrasound compatible soft-tissue. Imagine students practicing multiple outcomes for the entire transvenous pacing procedure using their own equipment and kits —all in an immersive simulation setting. Using either a blind or ECG guided technique, they can perform this life-saving and rare procedure with their pacing generator, a simulated patient monitor, and ECG analyzer. PacerMan easily transports from a pre-hospital setting to the emergency room without interrupting the flow of simulation and learning. The system is Bluetooth compatible and untethered, making it easy to transport and set-up.
“PacerMan gives you a sense of actually threading the wire down into the heart, and seeing what you would see on the monitor.
It absolutely increases the realism for transvenous pacing.”
Ernie Wang, MD, FACEP
Alvin H Baum Family Fund Chair of Simulation and Innovation, NorthShore University Health System
PacerMan users have an opportunity to assess waveforms and manipulate their own pacing generator, while learning to respond to the system’s live physiological responses. They’ll build new skills and gain confidence as they advance from initial training on successful capture, to more advanced training using the ECG guided approach with intracardiac rhythms and variable placement outcomes. And, each instructor has an opportunity to set up the training and define various catheter placement outcomes.
Users also have an opportunity to interact with the actual equipment, with a focus on patient safety. For example, at the point of capture, they may step back and realize they’ve missed something as simple and as critical as placing the contamination shield over the lead.
- Transcutaneous and transvenous pacing training
- Responds to manipulation of pulse rate and pacing threshold from an off-the-shelf pacing generator; and presents electrical and mechanical capture
- Simulated patient monitor:
– Presents real-time vitals including HR,ABP, NIBP, and SPO2
– Includes simulated defibrillator fortranscutaneous pacing and transition of care
– ECG tracing presents intracardiaclocation waveforms to confirm catheter positioning
– Extended monitor feature for multiple screen or scenario based training
- Instructor mode includes most common native rhythms/settings for transcutaneous and transvenous threshold; and multiple outcomes
- Randomized student mode allows hands on training —anytime, anywhere
- System recognizes proper equipment set up and pin placement
- Ultrasound guided venous identification and access with fluid aspiration
- Durable replaceable tissue for full catheterization using clinical dilator and temporary pacing catheter
- Bluetooth compatible for untethered scenario based training
- Battery or wall power
- Touchscreen compatible for Window 7 OS or higher PART