Service Engineer – New Zealand
ABOUT THE ROLE
- An Auckland based role in our facilities at Mt Wellington
- Regional travel responsibilities as required throughout New Zealand
- Installation, maintenance, support and troubleshooting of our instrumentation range
- Working closely with our applications, customer care and sales teams on a day to day basis
- Work in an exciting entrepreneurial environment offering high-quality niche products and innovative solutions in the clinical diagnostic laboratories and Life science institutes
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Join our dynamic local team in Auckland and play a key role in making an impact in supporting this very important segment in healthcare. You will be working alongside a small locally based team as well as the role extending to working with our Australian and international supplier teams.
We have pride in being dedicated to superior customer care solutions and support and are always bringing new innovative solutions to healthcare in New Zealand. You will enjoy a variety of activities and responsibilities including; customer service calls, scheduled preventative maintenance visits, installations, and product education and training. Regular team meetings will further support your success and provide you with the opportunity to contribute to customer solutions and business growth.
Develop your career with a company that truly celebrates and rewards your success through an annual awards night, bonus scheme, and generous salary package . This really is an outstanding opportunity to join an innovative, highly regarded company that offers excellent quality products to the Australian and New Zealand markets, where you can make a difference to people’s lives.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical support to ensure customer needs are met in a timely manner
- Accurate and timely record compliance through Salesforce CRM data entry
- Effectively managing spare part ordering and personal boot stock
- Manage assigned monthly preventative maintenance tasks with adherence to policies
- Installing new equipment into customer sites and at trade shows
- Travelling locally and occasionally internationally for training
- Contribute to the organisational culture and continuous improvement of Abacus dx
- Develop and maintain relationships with key customers in assigned territory
- Represent the company at customer sites
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Tertiary education in engineering, ideally electronic, mechanical and hydraulic
- Excellent computer skills
- Great teamwork skills
- Advanced troubleshooting skills
- Varied system skills and experience with a variety of mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electronic and computer-driven systems
- Drivers licence
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to interpret, present and communicate technical information
- Analytical problem-solving skills
- Interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Time management and prioritisation of tasks
- Experience working on pathology or scientific instruments
- At least three years’ experience in a similar role in an ISO-compliant environment
- Ongoing training and development
- Fantastic working environment and team culture
- Highly competitive salary and bonus structure, vehicle allowance, fuel card and superannuation benefits according to experience
ABOUT Abacus dx
Abacus dx is a leading distributor of medical diagnostic, healthcare education, and life science products. Our success is attributed to our dedication in sourcing high quality, niche products and by providing the highest levels of sales, marketing and technical support. We pride ourselves on our values: Inspire, Empower, Excel.
To apply: Please submit your application letter and detailed resume through the Seek website. Applications close 11 July 2021.
Please phone 1800 222 287 for further information.