UltraSAFE is a stand-alone automated fixative filler for buckets. It doses the required fixative (i.e. formalin) in a standardized and documented way, in full safety and granting a spillage proof buckets’ closure. This innovative and patented technology allows operators in surgery rooms and in pathology laboratories to handle histology specimens in complete safety, with no exposure to fixative fumes.
- Standardizes and reduces the volume of formalin used
- Full automated and fully enclosed unit which prevents exposure to formalin fumes
- Dedicated buckets equipped with a non-return valve
- Documentation/case association with 2D bar code, for complete samples traceability
Fully automated and closed operations. Charcoal filter on board. Connection to lab ventilation line. Buckets and valve specifically designed: no tissue drying, no spillages, no Fumes, no contaminations.
- STANDARDIZATION AND QUALITY
Always dispenses the right amount of formalin according to the specimen weight for standardized formalin/specimen ratios. Time & temperature monitoring for documentation of tissue transport conditions.
- FULLY AUTOMATED OPERATIONS
No user actions required. UltraSAFE is a One Touch Start: just place the bucket with specimen and walk away.
- FUMES CONTAINMENT
The exclusive one-way quadricuspid valve allows formalin dispensing but not fumes escaping.
- HIGH VOLUME
UltraSAFE drawer can accommodate up to 4 large fixative commercial tanks, for long lasting unattended operativity. UltraSAFE can moreover be connected to an external bulk fixative container.
- IN THE PATH LAB: IMPROVED ARCHIVING
In the pathology lab, samples can be stored in vacuum bags by SealSAFE for a dramatic volume reduction. Archiving without formalin is also possible.
- EXTREME COST-SAVINGS FOR DISPOSAL
Reduced use of formalin. Lower disposal costs thanks to a decreased volume of bio-hazardous material in vacuum bags.
UltraSAFE bucket sizes and their technology
- Custom buckets designed to accommodate current pathology workflow
- Laser engraved, unique bucket ID for full traceability
- Buckets available in 1, 3 or 5 litre capacities
- Unique sealing valve built-in to bucket lids