ABOUT THE ROLE
- Based in Cannon Hill
- Entry level accounting role
- Work in an exciting entrepreneurial environment with plenty of opportunity to develop your finance skills and progress your career
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Our Finance and IT team (six members) supports two medical distribution businesses – Abacus dx and Big Green Surgical – with a strong record of growth and revenues in excess of $70M. Due to an internal transfer, an opportunity has become available for an Assistant Accountant to join the team, initially focusing on accounts receivable and accounts payable. However, as the role develops, you will be expected to become more involved in all aspects of the finance team. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual looking to commence an accounting qualification to rapidly develop their finance skills.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Accounts payable (40%)
- Entering payable invoices, including overseas suppliers, onto the creditors ledger
- Verifying all invoices have been appropriately approved
- Scheduling payments for both the Australian & New Zealand businesses
- Setting up bank payments
Accounts receivable (20%)
- Contacting customers to get updates on outstanding balances
- Resolving issues holding up payment
Stock Entry (20%)
- Entering stock into the system
- Working with the Operations department to resolve unusual items
Other accounting duties (20%)
- Supporting the Finance, Operations and Marketing teams with administrative tasks
- Backing up Customer Care
- Supporting the Financial Accountant with the month end process
- General assistance to the finance team
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
This role may suit:
- A recently graduated accountant looking to join a growing team
- A part qualified accountant that is looking to progress in their career; or
- An experienced accountant looking for a less demanding role
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and work within tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, able to interact with all levels and roles within the business
- A flexible approach to work, helping out in other areas of the business
- Ongoing training and development
- Fantastic working environment and team culture
- Highly competitive salary and other benefits
ABOUT Abacus dx
Abacus dx is a leading distributor of medical diagnostic, healthcare, education, and life science products. Our success is attributed to our dedication in sourcing high quality, niche products and by providing the highest levels of sales, marketing and technical support. We pride ourselves on our values: Inspire, Empower, Excel.
ABOUT Big Green Surgical
Big Green Surgical is a provider of specialised healthcare solutions across various surgical specialties throughout Australia and New Zealand. We represent 20 international suppliers of innovative products, supported by a caring and trusted team of industry professionals.
Apply via Seek website. When applying please ensure you attach a tailored cover letter specifically addressing why you believe you are suitable for the role.
Please phone 1800 222 287 for further information.