Business Development Specialist – Life Science
ABOUT THE ROLE
Are you an experienced salesperson with a strong track record of success within Life Science? Do you thrive within a strong culture of sales growth? Are you passionate about developing new markets and collaborating with both local and international suppliers? If this sounds like you then we would love to hear from you! We are offering a position and the opportunity to join Abacus dx, a well-established distribution business with an exceptional history of delivering solutions to customers across Australia and New Zealand for over 60 years.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Reporting to the Business Unit Manager, this role will specialise in building revenue and increasing market share for new and existing suppliers and product lines nationally. You will be part of a great Melbourne and national team who are dedicated to superior customer solutions and support.
You will enjoy a variety of activities and responsibilities including building networks of customer relationships, attending local industry meetings to increase market knowledge, and provide sales and technical presentations on products and solutions. Regular meetings with the Life Science team will further support your success and provide you with the opportunity to contribute to customer solutions and business growth. This really is an outstanding opportunity to join an innovative, highly regarded company that offers excellent quality products to the Australian and New Zealand markets.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Specialise in building revenue and increasing market share for new and existing suppliers and product lines nationally.
- Develop new markets for new organisational products, services, or solutions.
- Achieve the assigned revenue, product, and supplier targets.
- Maintain gross profit margins in line with the company target.
- Develop and maintain a strong opportunity pipeline.
- Build a network of customer relationships with Key Customers and Key Opinions Leaders.
- Manage multiple strategic initiatives simultaneously by visiting established and prospective customers to educate them on the solutions that Abacus dx provides.
- Travel regularly and nationally to meet with suppliers/customers, understand new and existing markets and present on key product lines & suppliers.
- Attend local industry meetings to increase market knowledge.
- Travel interstate to attend commercial/company meetings and training programs.
- Build strong relationships with all members of the commercial and service teams to ensure the business meets its strategic objectives and customer satisfaction levels are being met.
- Develop and implement evaluation strategies to increase success levels and maximise chances of routine usage and assay adoption.
- Be proficient in demonstrating products and providing basic levels of customer training.
- Provide both sales and technical presentations on products and solutions.
- Maintain accurate customer & opportunity data within Salesforce & complete monthly reporting requirements.
- Attend team meetings to participate in training opportunities, report on key projects, contribute to installation planning and share market intelligence.
- Make recommendations about changes or new initiatives to improve the business.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Qualifications in Life Science
- Relevant industry experience
- Strong teamwork & project management
- Self-motivated, ability to work autonomously and demonstrate initiative
- A fantastic working environment and team culture with open plan offices located close to cafes, public transport and other amenities
- Leadership and development programs
- A delivering value responsibly programme, focussing on engagement, inclusivity, and environmental impact
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program.
- Highly-competitive salary, bonus structure and company-sponsored superannuation contributions in line with Australian Super Guarantee
ABOUT Abacus dx
Abacus dx is a leading distributor of medical diagnostic and life science products. Our success is attributed to our dedication in sourcing high quality, specialist products and by providing the highest levels of sales, marketing, and technical support. We pride ourselves on our values: Engage, Empower, Enhance, Excel.
To apply: Please submit your application letter and detailed CV to Zhinous Falakboland through the Seek website.
Please phone 1800 222 287 for further information.