Commercial Support Specialist – Life Science/Scientific
ABOUT THE ROLE
Are you interested in pursuing a career within the Life Science and Scientific space that will provide support to a national commercial team as well as both local and international suppliers? Are you interested in business development, marketing, or product management and keen to obtain experience within a business that will provide you with a career development pathway to such roles?
Our current Commercial Support Specialist has just been promoted to Product Manager and so the role is now available within our Brisbane head office, for someone to commence their commercial journey within Abacus dx.
This role will provide business support to the Life Science/Scientific business unit by contributing to both local and national activities that will assist with the management of both customers and suppliers.
You will be joining our growing organisation that provides diagnostic pathology, medical research, and innovative laboratory equipment solutions to customers throughout Australia and New Zealand.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Reporting to the Business Unit Manager, this hands-on role provides the opportunity to leverage off your scientific background while undertaking a broad range of tasks with a focus on supporting our sales and marketing teams.
If you are a good communicator, a highly organised professional, love being busy, and want to learn new skills, then this could be just the role for you.
Abacus dx has a history of strong growth and a focus on developing people and promoting from within. You will be exposed to many facets of our medium-sized business and will play an integral part in our business.
- Receive and manage inbound requests from the commercial team for customer support regarding quote creation and pricing enquiries.
- Support the sales team by contacting customers in relation to specific satisfaction issues.
- Interact with Customer Care regarding pre/post-order inquiries.
- Coordinate tender planning, completion timeframes and submission of completed documentation.
- Assist with customer reporting requirements in relation to tender agreements.
- Regularly review and ensure customer training documentation aligns with the organisation’s marketing guidelines.
- Assist with the planning and coordination of internal commercial meetings and training sessions.
- Supplier contract review and administration, including maintenance of supplier agreement register.
- Conduct market research and compile data from relevant sources.
- Assist in conducting product recalls and other regulatory activities as required.
- Assist in the coordination of product changes, updates, discontinuations, and launches.
- Coordinating and proofing business reports for presentation to suppliers and potential suppliers.
- Maintain an accurate record keeping system, prepare data, reports, and documents, analyse information as required.
- Attend product training sessions and learn product details and key selling points of products and technologies.
- Previous experience in an administrative/sales/customer service role
- Certificate level or above in science/business
- Excellent communication skills, able to interact with all levels and roles within the business
- Experience with preparing and maintaining accurate documentation
- A fantastic working environment and team culture with open plan offices located close to cafes, public transport, and other amenities with on-site parking
- Leadership and development programs
- A delivering value responsibly programme, focussing on engagement, inclusivity, and environmental impact
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program.
- Highly competitive salary, bonus structure, and company-sponsored superannuation contributions in line with Australian Super Guarantee
ABOUT Abacus dx
Abacus dx is a leading distributor of medical diagnostic and life science products. Our success is attributed to our dedication in sourcing high-quality, specialist products and by providing the highest levels of sales, marketing, and technical support. We pride ourselves on our values: Engage, Empower, Enhance, Excel.
When applying, please ensure you attach a tailored cover letter specifically addressing why you believe you are suitable for the role.