Financial Accountant – Melbourne
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Based in Parkville, Melbourne
- Permanent, full-time opportunity
- Be part of a Finance team of five supporting a growing business with revenues of $75M+
- Develop your business acumen in a role that interacts with all levels of the business
- Work in an exciting entrepreneurial environment offering high-quality niche products and innovative solutions in the pathology and surgical sectors
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Join our growing Finance Team providing accounting functions and business partnerships to a growing business delivering innovative products and technical services to the healthcare industry.
Take on key accounting responsibilities for month-end, payroll, BAS submissions, and other recurring finance tasks, as well as overseeing cash collections through management of a part-time collections officer. In addition, there will be opportunity to develop business acumen through contributing to internal auditing and business improvement projects.
Develop your career with a company that embraces a hands-on finance team, and join an innovative, highly regarded company that offers excellent quality products to the Australian and New Zealand markets, where you can make a difference to people’s lives.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complete monthly accounts and reconciliations
- Prepare payroll, superannuation, payroll tax, workers compensation
- Prepare weekly sales reports and other regular reporting
- Respond to finance queries
- Oversee Collections Officer ensuring timely receipt and recognition of customer debts
- Ensure adequate financial controls are in place and followed
- Identify and implement system and finance improvements
- Supports the Finance Team in the completion of their duties
- Participating in ongoing team training
- Contribute to the organisational culture
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Tertiary education in Finance and partly or fully qualified in CPA/CA.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in finance.
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good time management and communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple problems at once and prioritise issues.
- Strong staff service focus.
- Great teamwork skills.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Experience with Microsoft 365, Sage 300, Salesforce, Azure, SharePoint, and Teams.
- Ongoing training and development
- Fantastic working environment and team culture
- Strong corporate culture through our Delivering Value Responsibly programme, focussing on engagement, inclusivity, and environmental impact
- Highly competitive salary and bonus structure
ABOUT Abacus dx
Abacus dx is a leading distributor of medical diagnostic and life science products. Our success is attributed to our dedication to sourcing high-quality, specialist products and by providing the highest levels of sales, marketing, and technical support. We pride ourselves on our values: Engage, Empower, Enhance, Excel.
ABOUT Big Green Surgical
Big Green Surgical is a provider of specialised healthcare solutions across various surgical specialties throughout Australia and New Zealand. We represent 20 international suppliers of innovative products, supported by a caring and trusted team of industry professionals.
When applying please ensure you attach a detailed resume and tailored cover letter specifically addressing why you believe you are suitable for the role through the Seek website.
Please phone 1800 222 287 for further information.