IT Support Specialist – Brisbane
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Full time position based in Cannon Hill, Brisbane.
- Entry level role providing internal IT support throughout Australia and New Zealand.
- Install, maintain, and troubleshoot IT hardware and software, reporting to our IT Manager and working closely with our Systems Officer.
- Work in an exciting entrepreneurial environment offering high-quality niche products and innovative solutions in the pathology and surgical sectors.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Join our Shared Services team of 18 high-performing individuals providing back-office support to over 100 staff in a growing business providing innovative products and technical services to the healthcare industry.
Take on key responsibilities of the IT Support function: maintenance of IT hardware and software, provision of technical support to staff, troubleshooting and project support.
Develop your career with a company that truly celebrates and rewards your success through an annual awards night, bonus scheme, and generous salary package. This really is an outstanding opportunity to join an innovative, highly regarded company that offers excellent quality products to the Australian and New Zealand markets, where you can make a difference to people’s lives.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Providing remote and face-to-face technical support to staff.
- Responding to requests for assistance by providing information enabling users to resolve their problems.
- Ensuring all hardware/software installations and routine upgrades are implemented correctly and promptly.
- Providing the business with a professional service by ensuring requests are regularly updated and realistic resolution times are provided.
- Ensuring technical queries not progressing are escalated.
- Participating in ongoing team training.
- Contribute to the organisational culture.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Tertiary or relevant IT qualifications would be advantageous.
- At least 1 year of relevant IT Support experience in a similar role.
- Sound technical knowledge of IT hardware and both standard and customised (in-house) software.
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good time management and communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple problems at once and prioritise issues.
- Strong staff service focus.
- Great teamwork skills.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Experience with Microsoft 365, Sage 300, Salesforce, Azure, SharePoint, Teams.
- Ongoing training and development.
- Fantastic working environment and team culture.
- Strong corporate culture through our Delivering Value Responsibly programme, focussing on engagement, inclusivity, and environmental impact.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program.
- Office location close to cafes and other amenities, on-site parking available.
- Highly-competitive salary, bonus structure and company-sponsored superannuation contributions in line with Australian Super Guarantee.
ABOUT Abacus dx
Abacus dx is a leading distributor of medical diagnostic and life science products. Our success is attributed to our dedication to sourcing high-quality, specialist products and by providing the highest levels of sales, marketing, and technical support. We pride ourselves on our values: Engage, Empower, Enhance, Excel.
ABOUT Big Green Surgical
Big Green Surgical is a provider of specialised healthcare solutions across various surgical specialties throughout Australia and New Zealand. We represent 20 international suppliers of innovative products, supported by a caring and trusted team of industry professionals.
When applying please ensure you attach a tailored cover letter specifically addressing why you believe you are suitable for the role, as well as a detailed resume through the Seek website.
Please phone 1800 222 287 for further information.