Product Manager – Medical Simulation
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Based in the Brisbane head office.
- Work in an exciting entrepreneurial environment offering high quality niche products and innovative solutions.
- Medical simulation product portfolio in Australia and New Zealand.
- Responsible for driving marketing initiatives for the portfolio which will include developing the marketing plan and executing relevant strategies and tactics in conjunction with the sales team.
- A key member of the commercial team that is the link between our company and the market.
- Product Managers are accountable for ensuring our partners are appropriately represented in the Australasian market and their targets are achieved.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Achieve designated portfolio budget and growth.
- Review financial performance, forecasts and budget with suppliers in the portfolio and conduct supplier meetings on a regular basis.
- Develop the marketing plan and implement the appropriate strategy and tactics in conjunction with the commercial manager and the sales team.
- Adjust the plan where required to meet portfolio budgets.
- Build strong internal and external relationships with key stakeholders to assist the wider business in meeting their objectives.
- In depth understanding of the products in terms of key features and benefits and share regularly within the wider sales and marketing teams.
- Support sales activities from a technical and market perspective; such as responding to tenders, advancing opportunities and giving presentations where required.
- Engage and develop customer advocates and KOLs that will actively endorse, support and/or publish material favourable to current and/or future suppliers’ represented products as well as gain valuable expert opinion.
- Conduct market research to better understand the key elements of the market as it relates to the product and competition.
- Develop a pricing strategy for products that is aligned with Abacus dx business strategy, appropriate margins and currency adjustments.
- Launch new products and help build a pipeline of opportunities based on market positioning with the sales team.
- In conjunction with the wider sales and marketing teams, participate in and organise conferences and user group meetings that convey appropriate messaging and achieve desired goals and objectives.
- Proactive involvement in inventory control to ensure products in the portfolio are supplied as per customer expectations and adequate levels of local inventory are kept to suit demand of product.
- Facilitate product training for Territory Managers, Technical Applications Specialists and customers as required.
- Travel across different geographical locations within Australia and New Zealand.
- Represent the company in a professional manner internally and externally at all times.
- Contribute to the organisational culture and continuous improvement of Abacus dx.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Proven experience and track record in a product management role.
- Tertiary level qualifications in marketing, business, medical or equivalent.
- Work experience in nursing or medical simulation environment desirable but not mandatory.
- Ability to interpret, present and communicate technical information.
- Analytical problem-solving skills.
- Interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Time management and prioritisation of tasks.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- Experience in Microsoft Office products and customer relationship management tools.
BENEFITS & CULTURE
At Abacus dx we are committed to providing a safe, supportive and productive workplace. We encourage open and honest communication in an environment that is free from discrimination and where all employees are treated with dignity, courtesy and respect. We pride ourselves on our values of Inspire, Empower, Excel.
Remuneration will include a highly competitive salary and bonus structure, vehicle allowance, fuel card and 10% company sponsored superannuation and other benefits.
ABOUT Abacus dx
Abacus dx is a leading distributor of high quality medical diagnostic, medical education and life science products, utilised by laboratories and healthcare providers in Australia and New Zealand. Our head office is based in Brisbane with regional offices spread across Australia and New Zealand.
Abacus dx has been formed by the merger of Abacus ALS and Diagnostic Solutions.
Please submit your application letter and detailed resume to Ben Langridge (Commercial Manager) by email. Please phone 1800 222 287 for further information.