Abacus dx is seeking a motivated, passionate and fast-paced individual to be the product champion for our Life Science range. As a key member of our product management team you will drive product-related sales and marketing activities and work collaboratively with our territory manager and suppliers to achieve designated financial objectives.
Reporting to our Commercial Manager, you will work closely with our sales, marketing and technical teams to ensure our Life Science range is adequately represented and supported in the Australasian market. The role of Product Manager in Abacus dx is a dynamic role with the supplier mix of the role adapting to the business growth and strategy. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to expand their scope into other related products areas as they develop in their role.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Based in Brisbane or Melbourne.
- Responsible for driving product-related marketing initiatives for the portfolio which will include developing the Marketing Plan and executing relevant strategies and tactics in conjunction with the sales team.
- Responsible for fostering strong relationships with our partners and acting as the vital link between the supplier and the customer.
- Opportunity to work in a fast-paced and highly-autonomous role; with opportunities for travel and ongoing professional development.
ABOUT Abacus dx
- Abacus dx has been formed by the merger of Abacus ALS and Diagnostic Solutions in 2017.
- With over 50 years of distribution experience, Abacus dx is an award-winning company connecting innovative global suppliers with Australasian customers.
- Excellence culture and supportive team environment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Achieve designated portfolio budget and growth.
- Review financial performance, forecasts and budget with suppliers in the portfolio and conduct supplier meetings on a regular basis.
- Development and ongoing review of the Marketing Plan to meet portfolio budgets.
- Build strong internal and external relationships with key stakeholders to assist the wider business in meeting their objectives.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the products in terms of key features and benefits and effectively communicate these to the wider Sales and Marketing team.
- Support sales activities from a technical and market perspective; such as responding to tenders, advancing opportunities and giving presentations where required.
- Engage and develop customer advocates and KOLs that will actively endorse, support and/or publish material favourable to current and/or future suppliers’ represented products as well as gain valuable expert opinion.
- Conduct market research to better understand the key elements of the market as it relates to the product and competition.
- Develop a pricing strategy for products that is aligned with Abacus dx business strategy, appropriate margins and currency adjustments.
- Launch new products and help build a pipeline of opportunities based on market positioning with the sales team.
- Drive conferences and other customer-related events to ensure product-related messaging is effective at achieving planned objectives.
- Proactive involvement in inventory control to ensure products in the portfolio are supplied as per customer expectations and adequate levels of local inventory are kept to suit demand of product.
- Facilitate product training for Territory Managers, Technical Applications Specialists and customers as required.
- Travel across different geographical locations within Australia and New Zealand.
- Represent the company in a professional manner internally and externally at all times.
- Contribute to the organisational culture and continuous improvement of Abacus dx.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Proven experience and successful track record in a Product Management role.
- Tertiary level qualifications in marketing, business, science or equivalent.
- Work experience in a research laboratory or environment, particularly ELISA and Flow Cytometry, is desirable but not mandatory.
- Sales experience is mandatory.
- Ability to interpret, present and communicate technical information
- Interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Time management and prioritisation of tasks.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- Experience in Microsoft Office products and Customer Relationship Management tools.
BENEFITS & CULTURE
- At Abacus dx we are committed to providing a safe, supportive and productive workplace. We encourage open and honest communication in an environment that is free from discrimination and where all employees are treated with dignity, courtesy and respect. We pride ourselves on our values of Inspire, Empower, Excel.
- Remuneration will include a highly competitive salary and bonus structure, car allowance, fuel card and 10% company sponsored superannuation.
To apply: please send your cover letter and detailed resume by email to Ben Langridge (Commercial Manager). Please phone 1800 222 287 for further information.