Product Specialist – Biochemistry
Abacus dx is seeking a motivated, passionate and fast-paced individual to be the product champion for our Biochemistry product range. As a key member of our Marketing team, you will drive product-related sales and marketing activities and work collaboratively with our Territory Managers and suppliers to achieve designated financial and strategic objectives.
This role would suit someone with a pathology sales background looking to step into marketing and who enjoys tackling a variety of different tasks and connecting with people both inside and outside of the organisation.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Based in our Brisbane or Melbourne office
- Work in an exciting entrepreneurial environment offering high-quality niche products and innovative solutions
- Drive product-related marketing initiatives for the portfolio which will include developing and executing relevant strategies and tactics in conjunction with the sales team
- Foster strong relationships with our supplier partners and act as the vital link between the supplier and the customer
- Fast-paced and highly-autonomous with opportunities for travel and ongoing professional development
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Join our high performing team and work closely alongside our Australian and New Zealand sales teams to support the customer base.
As a Product Specialist you will also work closely with other departments such as Customer Care, Technical Applications and Engineering. You will enjoy a variety of activities and responsibilities including: Visits to key customers, development of marketing plans, presenting to internal and external parties, product education and training, sales and market analysis, developing and executing marketing and sales strategies and tactics. Regular meetings with other members of the Marketing and Sales teams will further support your success and provide you with the opportunity to contribute to customer solutions and business growth.
Develop your career with a company that truly celebrates and rewards your success through an annual awards night, generous bonus scheme and opportunities for career progression. This really is an outstanding opportunity to join an innovative, highly regarded company that offers quality products to the Australian and New Zealand markets.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for managing all tactical marketing aspects of products in the portfolio including developing the Marketing Plan, supporting sales activities from a technical and market perspective, conducting market research, developing pricing strategies, visiting key external stakeholders, liaising regularly with suppliers, developing and implementing promotional activities, supporting product evaluations, conducting product launches and training
- Responsibility for forecasting, reporting and budget achievement for designated product portfolio in conjunction with Marketing Director
- Product champion for the product range with in-depth understanding of the products and positioning in the market
- Provide support for sales and technical teams to meet customer and organisational needs
- Attend and present at international supplier meetings
- Facilitate, attend and present at local industry and independent meetings, conferences, workshops and associated activities
- Management of product-related documentation such as marketing materials and product guides
- Travel across different geographical locations within Australia and New Zealand
- Contribute to the organisational culture and continuous improvement of Abacus dx
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Strong knowledge of the Pathology market in Australia and New Zealand
- Tertiary level qualifications in science, marketing, business or equivalent
- Relevant laboratory experience
- Previous sales experience will be highly regarded
- Ability to interpret, present and communicate technical information
- Interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Time management and prioritisation of tasks
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing
- Experience in Microsoft Office products and Customer Relationship Management tools.
- Ongoing training and development
- Fantastic working environment and team culture
- Highly competitive salary and bonus structure, vehicle allowance, fuel card, 10% company-sponsored superannuation and other benefits
ABOUT Abacus dx
Abacus dx is a leading distributor of medical diagnostic and life science products. Our success is attributed to our dedication in sourcing high quality, niche products and by providing the highest levels of sales, marketing and technical support. We pride ourselves on our values: Inspire, Empower, Excel.