Regional Sales Manager
Join a leading distributor of high-quality medical diagnostic, medical education and life science products by becoming a valued member of the Australian Sales team. Lead and mentor the Southern sales region, implementing sales strategies to achieve revenue and profitability targets with a very dedicated team of territory managers.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Achieve revenue and profit targets through the management of sales activities for the Southern Region consisting of VIC, TAS, SA & WA
- Develop regional sales strategies in conjunction with the Sales Director and Marketing team
- Liaise with the Sales Director and Technical Applications Coordinator to implement sales and applications strategies
- Build a network of customer relationships throughout the assigned region with key customers and decision makers
- Travel regularly in territories with Territory Managers to build relationships (both internally and externally)
- Manage a small designated sales territory
- Based in Melbourne
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Planning and implementing regional sales strategy in conjunction with the Sales Director
- Proactively manage customer contract renewal, contract reviews, negotiations and KPIs in agreements
- Development of annual business plans for the assigned sales region
- Development and implementation of regional and territory revenue budgets
- Provide leadership and support of the sales process that aligns with company and regional revenue expectations and supplier objectives.
- Routine reporting of achievement and analysis of revenue versus budget performance for the region and individual territories
- Routine reporting of regional sales strategies
- Negotiation of major sales with key customers
- Represent the company at local and interstate conferences and customer events
- Contribute to the organisational culture and continuous improvement of Abacus dx
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Proven experience in a regional sales or sales management role
- Proven experience in managing a team of territory/account managers
- Track record of successful revenue generation, meeting revenue & profit targets
- Proven sales experience with IVD and/or Life Science products
- Comprehensive knowledge of the IVD and/or Life Science market in Australia
- Comprehensive understanding of sales techniques and the proven ability to successfully manage complex sales
- High level of professional communication and negotiation skills
- High levels of presentation skills to train sales staff, develop and undertake internal and external presentations and review and develop sales training materials
BENEFITS & CULTURE
We are committed to providing a safe, supportive and productive workplace. We encourage open and honest communication in an environment that is free from discrimination and where all employees are treated with dignity, courtesy and respect. We pride ourselves on our values of Inspire, Empower, Excel.
Remuneration will include a highly competitive salary and bonus structure, vehicle allowance, fuel card, 10% company sponsored superannuation and other benefits.
ABOUT Abacus dx
Abacus dx is a leading distributor of high-quality medical diagnostic, medical education and life science products, utilised by laboratories and healthcare providers in Australia and New Zealand. Our head office is based in Brisbane with regional offices spread across Australia and New Zealand.
Please submit your detailed cover letter and resume by email to Chiara Campo (Sales Director). Please phone 1800 222 287 for further information.