Sales & Marketing Support Officer – Pathology & Life Science
ABOUT THE ROLE
Are you interested in pursuing a career in sales and/or product/supplier management? We have a new exciting role for a Sales and Marketing Support Officer, within our Brisbane head office, which will be a fantastic pathway to a commercial future within Abacus dx.
This role will provide business support to the Sales & Marketing teams by contributing to both local and national activities that will assist with the management of both customers and suppliers.
You will be joining our growing organisation that provides diagnostic pathology, medical research and innovative laboratory equipment solutions to customers throughout Australia and New Zealand.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Reporting to our Sales Director or Marketing Director, this hands-on role provides the opportunity to leverage off your scientific background while undertaking a broad range of tasks with a focus on supporting our sales and marketing teams.
If you are a good communicator, a highly organised professional, love being busy and want to learn new skills, then this could be just the role for you.
Abacus dx has a history of strong growth and a focus on developing people and promoting from within. You will be exposed to many facets of our medium-sized business and will play an integral part in our business.
While the role will be primarily focused on supporting the sales team or the marketing (product management) team, it will also be cross functional.
- Receive and manage inbound requests from the sales team for customer support regarding quote creation and pricing enquiries
- Support the sales team by contacting customers in relation to specific satisfaction issues
- Coordinate tender planning, completion timeframes and submissions
- ERP data entry of customer and supplier details and maintaining up to date information
- Assist with planning and coordination of internal meetings and training sessions
- Communication with supplier partners as directed
- Contract review and administration, including maintenance of contract registers
- Assisting with pricing updates in ERP system
- Conduct market research and compile data from findings
- Assist in regulatory tasks
- Maintain an accurate record keeping system, prepare data, reports and documents, analyse information as required
- Attend product training sessions and learn product details and key selling points
- Coordinate meetings, minute taking, assigning notes and follow up
- Previous experience in an administrative/sales/customer service role
- Certificate level or above in science/business
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent communication skills, able to interact with all levels and roles within the business
- Strong time management and prioritisation
- Self-driven, demonstrating initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ongoing training and development
- Fantastic working environment and team culture
- Office location close to cafes and other amenities, on-site parking available
- Highly competitive salary and other benefits
ABOUT Abacus dx
Abacus dx distributes medical and healthcare products for over 60 international brands. Our success is attributed to our dedication in sourcing the highest-quality niche products and by providing the highest levels of marketing, sales and technical support.
When applying, please ensure you attach a tailored cover letter specifically addressing why you believe you are suitable for the role.