Service Engineer – Auckland
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Based in our Auckland office with travel responsibilities as required
- Provide specialist engineering support in a supportive and friendly environment
- While experience is preferential it is not essential
- Install, maintain and troubleshoot instrumentation issues, whilst working closely with our applications, sales and customer care teams
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical support to ensure customers’ needs are met in a timely manner and escalate to management as required.
- Accurate and timely Salesforce data entry
- Effectively manage specific spare part requirements and engineer boot stock
- Manage assigned monthly preventative maintenance tasks and correct completion of all paperwork and checklists
- Assist in installation of new equipment into customer sites and exhibitions
- Contribute to the organizational culture and continuous improvement of Abacus dx
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Tertiary education in engineering, ideally electronic, mechanical and hydraulic applications
- Background in pathology instruments is highly desirable but not essential
- Experience in a similar role and ISO compliant environment is also advantageous
- Excellent computer skills
- Strong teamwork skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Results orientated with the ability to work autonomously to deadlines
- Excellent communication and organizational / time management skills
- Varied system skills and experience with a variety of mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electronic and computer-driven systems
- Highly-competitive remuneration based upon the successful applicant’s experience
- Performance-based incentive bonus, vehicle allowance, company-sponsored superannuation and many other benefits
- Office conveniently located close to café’s and other amenities. Off-street parking available.
ABOUT Abacus dx
Abacus dx is a leading distributor of high-quality medical diagnostic, medical education and life science products, utilised by laboratories and healthcare providers in Australia and New Zealand. Our success is attributed to our dedication in sourcing the highest-quality niche products and by providing the highest levels of sales, applications and engineering support. We pride ourselves on our values of Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence and Commitment.
Abacus dx has been formed by the merger of Abacus ALS and Diagnostic Solutions.
To apply: please submit your detailed cover letter and resume by email to Richard Sullivan (Country Manager). For any enquiries, please phone 0800 222 170.