Service Engineer – Melbourne
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Based in Melbourne with interstate travel responsibilities as required
- Install, maintain and troubleshoot instrumentation issues, whilst working closely with our applications, customer care and sales teams
- Work in an exciting entrepreneurial environment offering high-quality niche products and innovative solutions
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We are seeking a full-time experienced field service engineer to join the team based in our Melbourne office.
We are looking for someone with excellent troubleshooting skills who has previous experience in dealing with customers. Abacus dx operates in a fast-paced business-to-business environment where you will have the opportunity to build strong relationships with our repeat customers. You will work within a team of 13 engineers plus our applications team of seven. We have engineers based in all states.
The role encompasses a variety of tasks including installation of new equipment, preventative maintenance, proactive visits and reactive repairs in the field, communicating with customers and other team members verbally and by email, technical service administration and problem-solving. As our customers are in the medical field (primarily pathology), attention to detail is of paramount importance in this role.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical support to ensure customer’s needs are met in a timely manner and escalate to the Technical Services Manager when required
- Accurate and timely Salesforce data entry
- Effectively manage spare part ordering and personal boot stock
- Manage assigned monthly preventative maintenance tasks and correct completion of all paperwork and checklists
- Install new equipment into customer sites and exhibitions
- Contribute to the organisational culture and continuous improvement of Abacus dx
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Tertiary education in engineering, ideally electronic, mechanical and hydraulic, ideally some scientific applications experience
- Background in pathology instruments is highly desirable
- At least three years’ experience in a similar role and ISO compliant environment
- Excellent computer skills
- Great teamwork skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Results orientated with the ability to work to deadlines autonomously
- Excellent communication and organisational/time management skills
- Varied system skills and experience with a variety of mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electronic and computer-driven systems
- Restricted electrical licence certification or the ability to obtain one
- Drivers licence
BENEFITS & CULTURE
At Abacus dx we are committed to providing a safe, supportive and productive workplace. We encourage open and honest communication in an environment that is free from discrimination and where all employees are treated with dignity, courtesy and respect. We pride ourselves on our values of Inspire, Empower, Excel.
Remuneration will include a highly competitive salary and bonus structure, vehicle allowance, fuel card and 10% company sponsored superannuation and other benefits.
ABOUT Abacus dx
Abacus dx is a leading distributor of high-quality medical diagnostic, medical education and life science products, utilised by laboratories and healthcare providers in Australia and New Zealand. Our success is attributed to our dedication in sourcing the highest-quality niche products and by providing the highest levels of sales, applications and engineering support.
Please Click Here to submit your detailed cover letter and resume. Please phone 1800 222 287 for further information.