Technical Applications Specialist – Melbourne
As our Melbourne team continues to grow, we have a fantastic opportunity for a Technical Applications Specialist to provide applications support across VIC, SA, TAS and nationally. If you would like to be part of an organisation invested in great culture, career development and progression, apply now.
- Provide applications support across VIC, SA, TAS and nationally
- Based in Melbourne with a requirement to travel regularly to Adelaide, Tasmania and throughout Australia
- Work in an exciting entrepreneurial environment offering high-quality niche products and innovative solutions
- Obtain strong training and support from a close-knit team and across the business
We have an opportunity for a Technical Applications Specialist to join our Applications team in an autonomous field role. As a Technical Applications Specialist you will work closely with other departments such as Sales, Engineering, Customer Care and Marketing. You will be a part of a dynamic Perth and national team who are dedicated to superior customer solutions and support. You will enjoy a variety of activities and responsibilities including customer training, product education, proactive customer visits, workflow analysis and evaluations. Ongoing product training will be provided, enabling you to develop your skills in the field and whilst working closely with your team mates. Develop your career with a company that truly celebrates and rewards your success through an annual awards night, generous bonus scheme and opportunities for career progression. This is an outstanding opportunity to join an innovative, highly regarded company that offers excellent quality products to the Australian and New Zealand markets.
Abacus dx requires all staff to comply with OH&S regulations, including working in a Covid-safe manner. This role requires the incumbent to be vaccinated against Covid.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the training and technical support activity of customers
- Provide customer training and technical support onsite and/or via the phone
- Manage technical cases ensuring issues are resolved with minimal downtime
- Assist in instrument and assay evaluations for new business opportunities
- Liaise with the Technical Applications Coordinator on the development and implementation of training and support strategies that will lead to the effective use of instruments and reagents provided by Abacus dx
- Work closely with the engineering team on instrument go live and instrument trouble shooting
- Collaborate with the Marketing & Sales teams to increase customer product knowledge and assist with the development of new sales opportunities
- Manage software updates
- Assist in the instrument repair process as required
- Build a network of customer relationships throughout the region to maximise opportunities for the organisation
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of Abacus dx
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience in diagnostic pathology
- Good analytical problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Proven skills in time management and prioritisation of tasks
- Proven skills in presenting and analysing data both verbally and in writing
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing
- Minimum of intermediate level computer skills (Microsoft office including Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Internet software)
- Current drivers licence
- Previous Technical Applications experience
- Strong technical skills and experience with Immunology and Biochemistry
- IT and/or connectivity skills and experience
- Ongoing training and development
- Fantastic working environment and team culture
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
- Highly-competitive salary, bonus structure and company-sponsored superannuation contributions in line with Australian Super Guarantee
ABOUT Abacus dx
Abacus dx is a leading distributor of medical diagnostic and life science products. Our success is attributed to our dedication in sourcing high quality, niche products and by providing the highest levels of sales, marketing and technical support. We pride ourselves on our values: Engage, Empower, Enhance, Excel.
Our head office is based in Brisbane with regional offices located across Australia and New Zealand.
When applying, please ensure you attach a tailored cover letter specifically addressing why you believe you are suitable for the role.