Technical Applications Specialist – VIC/TAS/SA/WA
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Provide applications support across VIC/TAS/SA/WA
- Based in Melbourne with a requirement to travel throughout Australia and NZ
- Work in an exciting entrepreneurial environment offering high-quality niche products and innovative solutions
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the training and technical support activity of customers within a geographically defined region
- Provide customer training, technical support via the phone and/or onsite and assist customers with instrument and assay evaluations
- Coordinate instrument installations and manage technical cases ensuring issues are resolved with minimal downtime
- Assist in instrument and assay evaluation for new business opportunities
- Liaise with the Technical Applications Coordinator on the development and implementation of training and support strategies that will lead to the effective use of instruments and reagents provided by Abacus dx
- Collaborate with the sales team to increase customer product knowledge and assist with the development of new sales opportunities
- Work with the Technical Applications Coordinators and Technical Service Managers to manage software updates
- Assist in instrument repair process if required
- Build a network of customer relationships throughout the region to maximise opportunities for the organization
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of Abacus dx
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of intermediate level computer skills (Microsoft office including Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Internet software)
- Good analytical problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Proven skills in time management and prioritisation of tasks
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing
- Current drivers licence
- Previous Technical Applications experience
- Experience in diagnostic pathology
- Strong technical skills and experience with Immunology and Biochemistry
BENEFITS AND CULTURE
We are committed to providing a safe, supportive and productive workplace. We encourage open and honest communication in an environment that is free from discrimination and where all employees are treated with dignity, courtesy and respect.
Remuneration will include a highly competitive salary and bonus structure, vehicle allowance, fuel card and other benefits.
ABOUT Abacus dx
Abacus dx has been formed by the merger of Abacus ALS and Diagnostic Solutions.
With over 50 years of distribution experience, Abacus dx is an award-winning company connecting innovative global suppliers with Australasian customers.
Our head office is based in Brisbane with regional offices spread across Australia and New Zealand.
Please submit your application letter and detailed resume by selecting apply. Phone 1800 222 287 for further information.
To apply: please submit your cover letter and detailed resume by email to Nick Laven (Technical Applications Coordinator). For any enquiries, please phone 1800 222 287.