Warehouse Dispatch & Support Assistant – Auckland, NZ
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Full time role
- Based at Vestey drive in Mount Wellington with on-site parking provided
- A busy hands-on work environment with an inspiring team culture
- Suited to a fast learner who is customer-focused with a strong attention to detail
- Opportunity to build skills in distribution and logistics environment
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We are seeking a hands-on, motivated individual who is willing to learn and contribute to our growth strategy. Abacus dx is a medical goods provider and operates in a fast-paced environment where you will have the opportunity to be key player in supporting this important industry.
We are looking for someone with excellent verbal and written communication skills and ideally having previous experience within logistics. The role encompasses a variety of tasks including data entry, liaising with customers and other team members, picking, packing and logistics. As our customers are in the medical field, attention to detail is of paramount importance in this role.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Logistic bookings – arrangement of pick-up
- Picking and packing of product as well as coordinating larger pallet consignments
- Checking in stock including operating a fork hoist for larger consignments
- Assisting in cases and helping in supporting return to base processing of equipment
- Liaising with the broader local team to ensure customer needs are met
- Assisting in problem-solving and the resolution process including process development
- Maintaining a clean warehouse facility which is well organised and safe
- Various Health and Safety duties according to the overall business policies
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience in warehouse role or similar field
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and general computing skills
- Strong attention to detail and customer satisfaction
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Friendly and professional team player who is flexible
- A fork hoist and vehicle licence will also be required for the successful applicant
- Previous experience in the health care sector (not essential)
- Experience with ERP, Salesforce and Power Bi (not essential)
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Fantastic working environment and team culture.
- Strong corporate culture through our Delivering Value Responsibly program, focusing on engagement, inclusivity, and environmental impact.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program.
- Office is conveniently located in Mt Wellington within a few kilometres of Sylvia Park with on-site parking available
- A competitive salary, a performance-based bonus, and a KiwiSaver contribution for the successful candidate
ABOUT Abacus dx
Abacus dx is a leading distributor of medical diagnostic and life science products. Our success is attributed to our dedication in sourcing high quality, specialist products and by providing the highest levels of sales, marketing, and technical support. We pride ourselves on our values: Engage, Empower, Enhance, Excel.
Please submit your application letter and detailed resume through the link below. When applying, please ensure you attach a tailored cover letter specifically addressing why you believe you are suitable for the role.
Applications close 9th June. When applying please ensure you attach a tailored cover letter specifically addressing why you believe you are suitable for the role.
Please submit your application letter and detailed resume through the Seek website. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Please phone 1800 222 287 for further information.