Warehouse Storeperson – Brisbane
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Based on Brisbane’s southside initially prior to site moving to Cannon Hill with on-site parking provided at both locations
- New role created to support warehouse activities for Abacus dx and Big Green Surgical, as we streamline operations of both businesses at our new site in Cannon Hill
- Fantastic new work environment and team culture
- Suited to a fast learner who is customer-focused, with strong attention to detail and a positive attitude
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We are seeking a full-time, motivated Warehouse Store person to join the team based in our Australian head office, which is currently in Meadowbrook but relocating to Cannon Hill in January 2022. This is a full-time position with flexible start times covering approximately the hours of 7.00am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday.
We are looking for a great team worker, with previous all-round warehouse experience working to a very high standard of accuracy with excellent communication skills with the ability to prioritise. A forklift licence is required.
The role encompasses a variety of tasks including receipting of stock, pick packing, cycle counting and working with freight providers, and the other team members to dispatch our orders on a daily basis. As our customers are in the medical field, attention to detail is of paramount importance in this role.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Picking and packing of products as well as coordinating larger pallet consignments
- Booking of jobs and liaison with freight providers
- Checking in stock including operating a forklift for larger consignment
- Experienced in manual picking by lot number as well as in the use of barcode scanning
- Knowledge of 5S workplace practices
- Maintaining a clean warehouse facility which is well organised and safe
- Various Health and Safety duties according to the overall business policies
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience in warehouse role or similar field
- Experience working with an ERP system, and general computing skills advantageous
- Strong attention to detail and focus on customer satisfaction
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Friendly and professional team player who is flexible
- A forklift licence will also be required for the successful applicant
- Ongoing training and development
- Energetic working environment and team culture
- Great public transport options around the new office
- Office location close to cafes and other amenities, on-site parking available
- Highly competitive salary, bonus structure and 10% company-sponsored superannuation
ABOUT Abacus dx
Abacus dx distributes medical and healthcare products for over 60 international brands. Our success is attributed to our dedication in sourcing the highest-quality niche products and providing the highest levels of service, marketing, sales and technical support.
ABOUT Big Green Surgical
Big Green Surgical is a provider of specialised healthcare solutions across various surgical specialties throughout Australia and New Zealand. We represent 20 international suppliers of innovative products, supported by a caring and trusted team of industry professionals.