Reduce chest tube insertion complications with a chest tube insertion trainer
Abacus dx has your chest tube insertion training covered with skills trainers available for all budgets.
Intercostal catheter (ICC) insertion is one of the most commonly performed procedures in trauma. Complication rates can be up to 30%*.
The Abacus dx chest tube trainer options include:
1. Simulab Trauma Surgical Trainer
– Product level: Deluxe
– Skills: Most widely used surgical trainer in the world. Current choice for ATLS training worldwide; chest tube insertion; needle decompression; pericardiocentesis; cricothyroidotomy, tracheostomy
2. Koken Thoracic Trauma Trainer
– Code: KCLM093
– Product level: Mid Range
– Skills: Puncture and incision of the cricothyroid ligament; thoracentesis; thoracic drainage; pericardiocentesis
3. Nasco Chest Tube Trainer
– Code: NSLF03770U
– Product level: Budget
– Skills: Chest tube placement and maintenance; cutaway area for education of anatomy; tension pneumothorax
*Intercostal catheter insertion: are we really doing well?
Alrahbi R, Easton R, Bendinelli C, Enninghorst N, Sisak K, Balogh ZJ
ANZ J Surg. 2012 Jun; 82(6):392-4.