FA-Tech Nova – a user’s perspective
The Fa-Tech NOVA ENB-91 is the newest generation laser embedding cassette printer for anatomical pathology labs.
The Fa-Tech NOVA printer comes with four hoppers as standard, with three positioned on the sides for different colour cassettes.
- Fast On-demand/batch indelible high density 600dpi printing
- Fast barcode identification (regardless of cassette colour)
- High productivity (10-12 cassettes per minute including four text fields and datamatrix)
- One removable cassette magazine holds up to 60 cassettes, and can be easily switched with other magazines
- Connectivity USS/Ethernet/Serial
- Ability to integrate with LIS
Here is a user’s feedback and experience on using the Fa-Tech NOVA cassette printer:
“The FaTech Nova easily produces the best quality printing of histology cassettes that I have seen. I use the analogy and compare it to the printing quality one gets from an inkjet paper printer versus a laser paper printer. Laser wins every time. It is fast, quiet and was easily configured to work with my LIS. I have eliminated the ongoing costs of replacing ribbons and printer heads. The only requirement is that special carbonised cassettes are needed for the laser to print cassettes that are permanent and solvent resistant. This prerequisite however, does not impact greatly on my overall operating budget. I would recommend FaTech’s Nova for any histology lab’s cassette printing needs.”
Trung Nguyen, Scientist-In-Charge, Anatomical Pathology, Cabrini Health