Introducing the NEW FixSTATION 1RH with all new features
Small enough to fit any grossing station or ventilated hood, the FixSTATION 1RH is a game changer in controlling the fixation process.
Fixation of racks takes place in a closed controlled environment, according to specific protocols with full documentation readily available.
WHAT SETS THE FIXSTATION 1RH APART?
THE UNIQUE COMBINATION OF A FULLY PROGRAMMABLE TIME/TEMPERATURE FIXATION PROTOCOL COMBINED WITH REAGENT FILTERING FEATURES IN A CLOSED SYSTEM
- Suitable for Milestone racks and racks from other manufacturers
- Suitable for all kinds of fixation reagents
- Temperature range: up to 55 °C (131 °F)
- Time for pre-soaking: up to 99 hours 59 minutes
- Time for fixation: up to 99 hours 59 minutes
- Stainless steel tank (AISI304) with 4.5L capacity
- FixSTATION has a stainless steel mesh filter for protection of reagents against contaminants
- Automatic stirring of reagents
- Constant pH of reagents during process
- Full reagent management
Need good results? Start with a good preparation
CONTROL OF FIXATION
Accurate control of all the preanalytical process is a prerequisite for precise, reliable and consistent diagnostic assays. Recent publications have evidenced that standardization and documentation of the all fixation steps is important in turn will lead to improved I.H.C. assays.
Leaving the specimens in a plastic container with formalin overnight does not fulfil the requirements for controlled fixation. No standardization, no documentation.
- How many long is overnight?
- What is the temperature of the fixative?
- Is stirring available for temperature homogeneity?
- After how many cassettes is formalin substituted?
- Is the pH constant?
- What kind of documentation is available?
Until now, documented fixation protocols could only be obtained by placing specimens in an automatic tissue processor. This means holding a high performance instrument almost idle for hours/days waiting for the fixation process to be completed and documented.
Suitable for all type of racks
The FixSTATION 1RH will accept Milestone racks from the PATHOS and LOGOS family as well as racks from the most common conventional tissue processor of other manufacturers.
With the FixSTATION 1RH, documentation of every factor influencing the fixation process is stored in a events log for easy retrieval. Fixation protocols can be transferred to a USB stick and then printed for Quality Assurance and Compliance regulations. Full compliance to ASCO/CAP recommendations for HER2, ER testing.
Small enough to fit any grossing station or ventilated hood. Dimensions shown are during operation of the unit.