Hepatitis E VirClia – fully automated solution for Hepatitis E serology
A fully automated solution for Hepatitis E serology with the VirClia® instruments will allow obtaining results on the same day the sample is collected and avoid batch testing.
A fully automated solution for Hepatitis E serology
- Hepatitis E virus (HEV) is the most common cause of acute hepatitis in the world.
- Every year, there are an estimated 20 million HEV infections worldwide, leading to an estimated 3.3 million symptomatic cases of hepatitis E
- WHO estimates that hepatitis E caused approximately 44 000 deaths in 2015 (accounting for 3.3% of the mortality due to viral hepatitis).
- The virus is transmitted via the fecal-oral route, principally via contaminated water
- Hepatitis E is found worldwide, but the disease is most common in East and South Asia
Vircell offers a fully automated solution for Hepatitis E serology on the VirClia® instruments.
- Monotest format with ready-to-use reagents
- The simple and fully automated protocol
- No need to batch samples
- This assay (IgG) is now quantitative
- Each monodotest includes a calibrator and negative control that enables the validation and interpretation of results for each sample
- Pipetting of sample from primary sample tube
Please check regulatory status in your country.
A recent study in Madrid, Spain confirmed the Vircell Hepatitis E method is a reliable serological method for the screening of acute infection in HEV clinical specimens. View the poster here.