Now available! Fully automated Ross River Virus (RRV) IgG and IgM
Abacus dx is pleased to announce the release of the Vircell VirClia® Ross River Virus (RRV) IgG and IgM Monotest into the Australian market.
RRV is transmitted by mosquitoes including several species in the Aedes and Culex genera. Kangaroos and wallabies are thought to be the main animal reservoirs, although domestic and peridomestic animals can be involved in transmission in urban areas. RRV is endemic to Australia, Papua New Guinea and other islands on the Pacific.
Most common symptoms of RRV disease include fever, polyarthralgia and rash; yet, more than half of the infections are subclinical. Most patients recover within a few weeks, but some develop chronic disease that may last for months to years. The average incubation period is 7-9 days. Diagnosis is usually made via serology since viremia is rarely present at the onset of symptoms. Antibodies can be detected as early as 2-3 days after the onset of symptoms.
Laboratories are required to notify cases of Ross River, and other mosquito-borne disease to the public health unit. Public health staff monitors the geographic spread of Ross River virus infections and provide information about avoiding mosquito-borne diseases.
The Vircell VirClia® RRV IgG and IgM Monotest is the newest, only fully automated RRV kit in the Australian market.
The VirClia® RRV Monotest assays utilise indirect chemiluminescent immunoassays (CLIA) to test IgG and IgM antibodies against Ross River Virus in human serum or plasma samples.
The VirClia® is a small automated platform that will serve as the ideal complementary system for those esoteric and low volume test. To improve turnaround time and the efficiency in your laboratory.
Main benefits include:
- Kits are supplied in a monotest format with ready-to-use reagents
- Simultaneously run 1 to 24 tests
- Cost effective use of consumables
- Dual reader: VirClia® Monotest & ELISA plates
- Pipetting directly from primary sample tubes and use of different size tubes
- Improve workflow and turnaround time
- Determination of esoteric parameters
- More than 80 references available see full list of reference here
- Barcode identification of kits and samples