Vircell Universal Transport Medium
Products are for professional/laboratory use only. The success of virus diagnosis depends largely on the quality of the specimen and the conditions under which the specimen is transported and stored before being processed in the laboratory.
Vircell Transport Medium is intended for the collection and transportation of clinical specimens containing viruses and bacteria. The medium consists of Hank’s BSS containing HEPES, gelatine, BSA, sucrose and compatible antibiotics. It is provided in labelled screw-cap tubes with different presentations that are designed to preserve and transport the clinical sample. Some of the references incorporate one or two sterile swabs to ease specimen collection.
- Can be used for different sample types, microorganisms and diagnostic methods
- Suitable for samples to be assayed by PCR
- Improves microorganism viability between collection and inoculation
- Avoids drying of the sample
- Decreases bacterial overgrowth in contaminated samples
- Easily breakable swabs
- Room temperature viability