CerTest VIASURE® Zika, Dengue & Chikungunya Virus Multiplex PCR Kit
Zika, Dengue and Chikungunya are arthropod-borne viruses that share mosquitoes of the Aedes genus as common vector, specifically Ae. aegypti and Ae. albopictus.
Environmental changes, urbanization and the globalization of travel have enhanced the spread of ZIKV, DENV and CHIKV resulting in epidemics and the co-circulation in overlapping geographic areas as well as the possibility of viral co-infection within a single host. Currently the major endemic regions include Africa, Southeast Asia, the Pacific Islands and the Americas.
These arboviruses cause similar clinical presentations, especially in the initial stages of infection. The management strategies for these three viruses are vastly different, an early and accurate diagnosis is imperative. Differential diagnosis for a patient with suspicious clinical symptoms who is living in or returning from travel to an endemic area it’s crucial.
CerTest VIASURE® Zika, Dengue & Chikungunya Real Time PCR Detection Kit is designed for the differential diagnosis of the Zika, Dengue and/or Chikungunya viruses in clinical samples.
CerTest VIASURE® features
- Ready-to-use kits, containing all the necessary components for the PCR run
- Transport and storage at room temperature
- Shelf life of 24 months for all qPCR products
- Easy-to-use. It minimizes the number of manipulations reducing time and possible errors
- Same protocol for all kits
- High sensitivity, specificity and reproducibility
- Positive and Negative controls included
- Flexible and adaptable to a high number of commercial thermal cyclers