The AmplideX® C9orf72 Kit is a tool for the reliable amplification of the hexanucleotide CG repeat in the C9orf72 gene associated with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and frontotemporal dementia.A better understanding of hexanucleotide repeat expansions in the C9orf72 gene requires a robust PCR amplification assay. The AmplideX® PCR/CE C9orf72 Kit is a research tool for the reliable amplification of pathogenic hexanucleotide repeats (GGGGCC) in the C9orf72 gene that are associated with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) and frontotemporal dementia (FTD).
Using our proprietary GC-rich PCR chemistry and building on the success of our AmplideX FMR1 product, this kit provides a simple, single-tube PCR workflow to profile C9orf72 repeat sequences.
- Single PCR reaction for both sizing and screening
- A single sourced kit consisting of all PCR reagents needed for C9orf72 repeat amplification
- Streamlined workflow with minimal hands-on time
- Decreased need for Southern blot analysis
- Five-fold improvement in length of alleles sized: accurate sizing up to 145 repeats
- Detection of alleles greater than 145 repeats
- Reveal low-level mosaicism and minor alleles
- Identifies sequence variability near the repeat region