The AmplideX® suite of products is designed to solve unmet testing needs in inherited genetic disorders. The technology overcame a 20-year challenge by reliably amplifying the FMR1 gene. This allowed researchers to gain a deeper understanding of fragile X syndrome, the most common known inherited cause of intellectual disability and autism.
AmplideX® FMR1 PCR: (CE IVD)
The AmplideX FMR1 PCR is a tool to amplify and detect the CGG repeat region in the 5′-untranslated region of the fragile X mental retardation-1 (FMR1) gene.
- Reproducible detection of all allele expansions including low abundance full mutation size mosaics with up to at least 1300 CGG.
- Definitive resolution of female homozygous and heterozygous samples and indication of interrupting AGG sequences.
- Reduced need for Southern blot analysis by as much as 10 to 50 fold and up to 875 fold more sensitive than Southern blot.
AmplideX® FMR1 mPCR: (RUO)
This kit is a research tool that utilises an innovative PCR-only approach for the detection of methylation status of the FMR1 gene.
- Determines methylation status and quantifies methylation of each allele
- Improves turnaround time by 5-fold (compared to Southern Blot)
- Simplified PCR-only workflow completely eliminates the need for Southern Blot.
- Detects lower abundance methylation and size mosaic alleles
- AmplideX® Controls
AmplideX controls are a propriety mixture of genomic DNA containing multiple alleles. These well characterised controls can be used as process controls covering multiple size ranges and different methylation states in the FMR1 gene.
- 2 controls available
- Process Control
- Methylation & Sensitivity Control
- Characterised as CGG repeats or % methylation
- Single control covering multiple size ranges in FMR1 gene