Vircell DNA-RNA Amplification Controls
A growing number of laboratories around the world are using Vircell AMPLIRUN® Controls for PCR QC purposes; to comply with lab accreditation and to improve patient care.
Vircell AMPLIRUN® Controls are independent, external controls to monitor the accuracy and precision of the amplification and detection steps of your PCR run. These non-infectious lyophilized run controls contain the purified complete genome of the infectious agent.
- Limit of detection and assay specificity
- Assay lot-to-lot verification
- Assay development, optimization and validation
- Training/trial purposes
- Regulatory requirements/accreditation process compliance
Why use Vircell AMPLIRUN® Controls?
- Ensure consistent, accurate and meaningful test results
- Can be used across various molecular testing platforms
- Long expiry date (2 years) for long term use of a single lot number
- Avoid the risk of using infectious agents
- Ideal for the daily control of molecular assays and instrument performance to aid laboratories in meeting quality and regulatory requirements
- Strain and NCBI sequences available at www.vircell.com
Current regulatory requirements reinforce the need to use a third party control to monitor your PCR process: “Controls independent of those produced by the manufacturer of the test or analyser should be used” [Ref: National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA) Australia. AS 4633 (ISO 15189) – Supplemental Requirements for accreditation in the field of Medical testing].