Abacus dx COVID-19 Response
In the light of the rapidly developing COVID-19 pandemic, we would like to provide the following information about the steps Abacus dx has taken in response to the virus outbreak:
- All staff have been instructed to follow the Department of Health’s quarantine and self-isolation restrictions.
- All staff with cold or flu symptoms, or who have reason to believe they may have been exposed to COVID-19 have been instructed to stay home until they have received medical clearance to return to work.
- All international and non-essential domestic travel has been suspended.
- All non-essential visits from third parties to Abacus dx premises have been suspended.
- All non-critical visits to customer sites have been suspended. (Note: essential visits for preventative maintenance services and breakdown repairs will continue).
- All staff who can work from home have been instructed to work from home. Segregation of employees has been implemented in our offices.
- All staff have been instructed to apply “best-practice” hygiene including frequent thorough hand-washing, and social distancing; including a ban on handshakes and any unnecessary contact.
- Increased cleaning at all Abacus dx premises. Provision of hand sanitisers. Removal of shared facilities / foodstuffs.
- Additional logistical training has been given to non-logistics staff to ensure business continuity in the event of an outbreak within our logistics team.
- Regular contact with our international supplier partners with regard to management of ongoing product supply and managing stock levels accordingly.
- Monitoring potential impacts on freight and movement of products.
If you have any further questions, please contact me on the number below.
Chief Executive Officer
Free Call: 1800 222 287 (AUS) 0800 222 170 (NZ)