Service Engineer – Sydney
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Based in Sydney with interstate travel responsibilities as required (mainly Canberra and Sydney)
- Install, maintain and troubleshoot instrumentation issues, whilst working closely with our applications, customer care and sales teams
- Work in an exciting entrepreneurial environment offering high-quality niche products and innovative solutions
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Join our fantastic team of 12 high-performing service engineers in an autonomous field role that has been created due to business growth. As a Service Engineer you will work closely with other departments such as Customer Care, Marketing, Applications and Sales. You will be a part of a great Sydney team who are dedicated to superior customer solutions and support. You will enjoy a variety of activities and responsibilities including; customer service calls, scheduled preventative maintenance visits, installations, and product education and training. Regular team meetings will further support your success and provide you with the opportunity to contribute to customer solutions and business growth.
Develop your career with a company that truly celebrates and rewards your success through an annual awards night, bonus scheme, and generous salary package . This really is an outstanding opportunity to join an innovative, highly regarded company that offers excellent quality products to the Australian and New Zealand markets, where you can make a difference to peoples lives.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical support to ensure customer needs are met in a timely manner and escalate to the Service Supervisor when required
- Accurate and timely Salesforce CRM data entry
- Effectively manage spare part ordering and personal boot stock
- Manage assigned monthly preventative maintenance tasks and correct completion of all paperwork and checklists
- Install new equipment into customer sites and at trade shows
- Travel locally and internationally for training
- Contribute to the organisational culture and continuous improvement of Abacus dx
- Develop and maintain relationships with key opinion leaders and key customers in assigned territory
- Represent the company at local and interstate customer sites
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Tertiary education in engineering, ideally electronic, mechanical and hydraulic
- Excellent computer skills
- Great teamwork skills
- Advanced troubleshooting skills
- Varied system skills and experience with a variety of mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electronic and computer-driven systems
- Drivers licence
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to interpret, present and communicate technical information
- Analytical problem-solving skills
- Interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Time management and prioritisation of tasks
- Experience working on pathology or scientific instruments
- Avionics background
- At least three years’ experience in a similar role in an ISO-compliant environment
- Restricted electrical licence certification or the ability to obtain one
- Ongoing training and development
- Fantastic working environment and team culture
- Highly competitive salary and bonus structure, vehicle allowance, fuel card and 10% company-sponsored superannuation and other benefits
ABOUT Abacus dx
Abacus dx is a leading distributor of medical diagnostic, healthcare education, and life science products. Our success is attributed to our dedication in sourcing high quality, niche products and by providing the highest levels of sales, marketing and technical support. We pride ourselves on our values: Inspire, Empower, Excel.
To apply: Please submit your application letter and detailed resume through the Seek website. Applications close Friday, 23 July 2021.
Please phone 1800 222 287 for further information.