Species identification in hours instead of days, including deadly ESKAPE pathogen
The T2Bacteria® Panel is the first and only FDA-cleared and CE-marked test to identify sepsis-causing bacteria directly from whole blood without the wait for blood culture.
- 50% of all bacterial bloodstream infections1
- 70% of all blood culture species in the emergency department2
- 92% of deadly ESKAPE pathogens3
95.8% Sensitivity*1 | 98.2% Specificity*1
- Enterococcus faecium
- Staphylococcus aureus
- Klebsiella pneumoniae
- Acinetobacter baumannii
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa
- Escherichia coli
T2Bacteria Panel provides species identification in 3 to 5 hours from whole blood.
By incorporating the Panel as part of the sepsis bundle, physicians can get more patients on the right therapy faster, thus improving empiric therapy protocols, potentially preventing the progression of sepsis, while increasing the chances of both patient survival and recovery.
1. Nguyen MH, et al. Annals of Internal Medicine 2019
2. Voigt, C, et al. Manuscript under review, 2019
3. Karlowsky, JA, et al. Annals of Clinical Microbiology and Antimicrobials, 2004
*A combination of samples was run in both the prospective and contrived arms of the study. T2Bacteria showed an overall average sensitivity of 90% in the prospective arm of the study, with an overall average PPA of 97% in the contrived arm of the study.