All-In-One Mobile Work Station for Rapid On-Site Evaluation (ROSE) of FNA Cytology
The Milestone RoseSTATION is the first work station specifically developed for highly professional, standardised, ROSE procedures.
Rapid On-Site Evaluation (ROSE) is a service that the cytopathology laboratory provides for patients and their physicians. The advantages of immediate on-site evaluation include assurance of fine needle aspiration (FNA) biopsy adequacy, the ability to triage the specimen, shorten the length of the procedure, help guide and direct the biopsy in real time, and overall assist in managing the patient’s procedure with the performing clinician at the point of care.
ROSE service for FNA biopsy is a time-limited procedure which occurs while patients are subject to varying degrees of sedation and while they have endoscopes or large needles placed within the cavity or abdomen. As such, it is important to collect and deliver images as quickly as possible in the highest quality.*
The challenge is that until now there has been no mobile dedicated unit/system to carry out ROSE on location. At time of call citology personel must assemble items that will be required and transport them to the on-site location with a mobile cart.
Developed from an original idea from Professor Mousa A. Al-Abbadi the RoseSTATION is Milestone solution to arriving rapidly on-site with a standardized work platform containing all tools required to accomplish this important diagnostic task.
The new Milestone RoseSTATION features:
All items needed are always available to the operator to assure rapid turnaround time.
Always ready to go. Just disconnect power and drive to new location.
UPS power supply allows operation of lamp, forced air dryer and microscope for up to 40 minutes in case of lack of power on-site.
Setting up flexibility
The RoseSTATION is delivered without consumable items or reagents. Each laboratory can outfit the RoseSTATION with items required, according to their own standard operating procedure for ROSE.
- All-in-one standardized, mobile workstation
- All items required are always available on-site
- Highly professional impact
- Ergonomic work environment
- On-board power supply
- Mobile, can serve different locations
- Functional even in locations without electrical power
- Self-contained LED lamp for poorly lit environments
- On-board routine microscope with die-cast frame
- Built-in height adjustable stool
- Removable steel work trays for rapid loading and cleaning
- Steel support braket for waste disposal container
- Fold-up work shelf for PC/Tablet
- Ergonomic microscope set up
- Wi-Fi camera (optional)